Duration: Estimated duration of 1 year, on going
Rates: Excellent rates depending on experience
We are recruiting for Naval Architects, to work on a luxury yacht project in our client’s offices in Holland. You will be responsible for Yacht Design and Construction aspects.
Education level and training
- MSc or BSc in Naval Architecture
- Successful candidates should have 10 years’ experience in a similar position.
- Experience in yacht design and calculations.
- Good knowledge of the English language, both spoken and written
Experience / Duties
- Check maneuverability and stability
- Check weight calculations
- Check resistance and propulsion
- Check tonnage calculations
- Design and check structural and general plans
- Design and optimise the lines plan
- Design fuel tank and tank contents calculations
- Supply information in respect of the scope of works and costing as well as collect and analyse any information important to the build.
- Deal with any regulations, flag or other authorities which could influence the design and layout of the yacht.
- Oversee the technical execution of the general plans and the lay-out (structural fire protection, panel positions, escape routes, deck heights etc.)
- +44 (0)20 7313 2630